After publishing the article about my dream to travel to Kamchatka Peninsula yesterday, I met a decision: In 2022 I will travel to Kamchatka by motorbike and train.
Rough plan for the moment:
- Sending my motorbike to Eastern Russia by truck and/or train
- Travelling to the motorbike in Eastern Russia by train
- Going to Kamchatka from Eastern Russia by motorbike and ferry
- Spending up to four weeks in Kamchatka, exploring the peninsula
- Hiring a guide to photograph Kamchatka Brown Bears, other wildlife and landscape.
- Saving money to buy a new Ural Ranger in 2019
- Testing and ammending the Ural Ranger for the travel
- Saving more money to cover travel expenses as well as loss of earnings during the travel (in total two months)
- Taking into consideration to contact sponsors
Actually I am checking train and freight connections from Germany to Eastern Russia and established a bank account to deposit the money I need for the motorbike and the travel.
If anyone of you have any kind of experence regarding travelling in Russia and especially Kamchatka, please, let me know; leave a comment or contact me by email. All tips are welcome.
I will report here about the preparation of the travel and – of course – about the travel itself.